The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires all bloggers to inform readers of any connections to the brands they write about. This page provides all this information in an easy to understand manner. Ready?
African-American Homeschool Moms is a personal blog written and maintained by Andrea Thorpe. If you have questions about this blog and matters of FTC compliance, please use the Contact page to send an email.
Types of Reviews
Sometimes, African-American Homeschool Moms will feature product reviews. Here is what you need to know about these different types of reviews.
- Compensated reviews: This means I have received (at no cost to me), use of a product, service. or website for the purpose of evaluation or review. I have received monetary compensation for the time I spent evaluating the product and writing the review. Compensated reviews will always be clearly identified.
- Non-compensated reviews: This means I have received (at no cost to me), use of the product, service, or website for the purpose of evaluation or review. However, I have not received monetary compensation for the review.
- Personal reviews: This means I have not I received compensation or free use of the product, service, or website. Instead, I’m writing a personal review of a product or service my family has purchased for our own personal use.
I take great pride in giving my honest opinion of all products submitted to me and being truthful about the experiences I have with such products. No matter what type of review (compensated, non-compensated, or personal), I will always give my honest opinion of the product, service, or website. Free products do not influence my opinion. My goal here at African-American Homeschool Moms is to provide you with helpful information you can use to enhance your homeschool journey.
The views and opinions expressed here at African-American Homeschool Moms come directly from me and/or my husband and children (as they are sometimes asked to try a product). I do not claim to be, nor make an effort to be, an expert on a certain topic, product or service. All product or service claims should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
There are numerous links on my site to various stores. Some may be found on the sidebar to the right and within posts. These are affiliate links. This means if you click on the links and make a purchase, I get a small percentage of the sale. Clicking the link does not mean you have made a purchase. However, if you do make a purchase, you will be helping to support the work of this website.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We do not store any information about your visit to this website other than what is needed to analyze your visit and to provide you with a better website experience.
A. Collecting Personal Information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
B. Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you goods purchased through our website;
- supplying services purchased through our website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- keeping our website secure and preventing fraud.
C. Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal Information with third parties to help us use your personal Information in the ways described above. For example, we may use Shopify to run an online store or use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use this website.
We may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and could include the inability to login to services or programs.
E. Log Files
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as Verizon, Comcast, etc), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc), the length of time you visited our site, and which pages you visited throughout our site.
F. Links To Other Websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the next website you visit. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to the subsequent website.
We may also use third party advertisements to support our website. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
In addition, this website participates in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to help websites to earn fees by advertising and linking to the Amazon website.
I. Contact Us