I’ve been a homeschool moms for twelve years. During that time, I’ve had the opportunity to meet and the pleasure of befriending some amazing homeschool moms. My conversations, interactions, and outings with these moms always remind me of three things:
- Homeschool moms love to read, therefore,
- homeschool moms collect lot of books, and,
- homeschool moms don’t believe one can ever have too many books!
I suspect you know exactly what I mean. If I had a dollar for every book we have in this house, I could probably pay for a month of groceries and still have enough money left to fill up the minivan’s gas tank. I know I’m not alone!
If you’re a book lover like me, then I’ve got a treat for you. My new book, The Story of Jackie Robinson, will be released this Tuesday, April 6. I want to celebrate the book’s release by offering not one, but two free books to the winner of this giveaway. One book is perfect for the adult reader, while the other book is perfect for a young reader. Here’s what I want to share with the winner of this giveaway:
- I Never Had It Made: An Autobiography by Jackie Robinson is one of the books I read as I prepared to share Jackie Robinson’s story with young readers. It was a privilege to read Jackie Robinson’s own words and understand his personal thoughts as he described his journey from boyhood, to college athlete, to baseball icon, and ultimately to trailblazing civil rights hero.
- The Story of Jackie Robinson is the book I wrote. It introduces younger children to Jackie Robinson and tells not only of his barrier breaking baseball accomplishments, but also tells of his work as a family man, civil rights leader, and businessman.
If you’d like a chance to add both of these books to your collection, enter the drawing for this giveaway. Entering is simple! All you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post telling me how many books you think you have in your homeschool library AND how you acquired so many books. Entries will be accepted from 12:00 am on April 1, 2021 to 12:00 am on April 8, 2021. One RANDOM winner will receive both books. The winner will be notified via email.
In the meantime, I’m sharing a Jackie Robinson printable I created. Get your free copy of the Jackie Robinson baseball card: Robinson Baseball Card. Have your child fill in the stats.
© 2021, Andrea Thorpe. All rights reserved.